Children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth. Blessed are they whose quivers are full. They will never be shamed contending with foes at the gate. ~Psalm 127:3-5

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Supposedly, I'm A Phoenix

I'm not sure I agree with some of what it says but I took this quiz just for the crap of it and this is what it came up with:




You Are a Phoenix



Driven and ambitious, you tend to acquire material success easily.

You have grand schemes - both for your own life and for changing the whole world.

You are a great leader, and you have no problem taking the reigns.

However, you aren't all business. You also have great talents for performing and visual arts.

What Mythological Creature Are You?


Nov. 13,2008: I posted this quiz result awhile back and I was going through my posts recently when I came upon it and realized I never elaborated on what I disagree with and why I even posted it. So here it goes:

Let me start by saying that I don't really agree with these silly tests. I don't base my life on them. There is really nothing prophetic in their results. I find it almost hilarious that anyone believes in such things but I guess to each his own..

I am not driven or ambitious....at least not in the way of acquiring material success...which I also don't do easily even if I try. Being a stay at home mom doesn't really do this for me. I guess I'm driven and ambitious when it comes to my duties as a mother and I'm trying very hard to be this way when it comes to my duties as a wife. (No, really, I am!!) My success doesn't show its face in any sort of material way around here...but in more concrete ways than that which a big house or a fancy car might allow. I have a heart so full of joy from the mere smile on my child's face. I have a home warmed by the heat that emanates from other members of the household, my family. I have a car-load of kids, who are what drive me.

I do have grand schemes, for changing my life and the world. I believe I've been blessed with a heart that longs to serve others and a mind for good ideas. I definitely want to serve the Lord and others and I think that somehow, I will be fulfilled in that longing someday. Needless to say, that will change my life.

I am not a great leader.. I don't really see myself as a one at all. If God wants me to be one, I'll gladly ask Him to show me how. But right now, I'm not. And I do have big problems with taking the reigns. I like to be behind the scenes. I don't like it out under the hot glare of the spotlight. I like it in my little cocoon of safety, on the verge of being anti-social.

I'm definitely not all business. I'm almost never business, actually. I am a goof. I have a fun personality, accept when I am in one of my down moods. I don't like to be serious if I don't have to be but I know when I should be, for the most part. I do like to be artistic but I don't take part in performing arts or anything like that. Mostly my artistic abilities lie where my writing is concerned... And when I bake cookies.



No comments: