Children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth. Blessed are they whose quivers are full. They will never be shamed contending with foes at the gate. ~Psalm 127:3-5

Monday, November 3, 2008

All I'm Going To Say About the Election..

So I tried to stay away from this for as long as I could. Maybe I've been in denial or maybe it's just too painful to think about. I think it's human nature to try to avoid those things that are painful or even just uncomfortable in any small way. And I'm not really one for politics, either, but this election is probably one of the biggest history makers of all time. I've been developing a strategy for keeping my feelings at bay-avoiding the news, not thinking about the importance of any aspect of the election. My plan was to just go and vote. Originally my plan was to not vote at all. But it seems like I'm not so in denial after all and my human nature of avoiding painful things can only hold for so long before my human nature of caring kicks in.

The biggest issue for me and for a lot of other Americans is the issue of abortion, or women's rights if you want to stem it out a little. Every time I read or see anything about this issue, I cry. I don't understand how any woman, especially one who has children or is close to a child in some familial way, can think it's OK to murder an unborn baby. Lets not even address the moral aspect of taking human life just yet; but the confusing reality of someone actually believing that it's just an issue of "my body, my choice" is so ludicrous to me. People who say "well, I would never do it but I think people should be able to choose" are just stupid. If you have a reason why you would never do it, that right there should tell you something about the act: IT'S WRONG!

Now we go on to the moral issue. Life begins at conception. It's not about whether you believe this or not. It is the TRUTH. People make up stuff to convince you it's just a mass of tissue but this is just to help you (and themselves) sleep better at night. It's more comforting to convince yourself of something like that than to lay awake and wonder if you really are doing something wrong. The reassurance from society- doctors, the media, and certain presidential candidates helps soothe you into dreamland like a spritz of lavender on your pillow.

I ache deep in my heart for those who have had abortions. I imagine that their lives will never be filled with joy and they will probably mourn the life of those babies in some sad way for the rest of their own lives.

So on to the political aspect of this whole entry... Barack Obama's # 1 priority if he gets elected president is to make sure that abortion at any stage is allowed. He will make sure that the babies who survive abortion are continued to be left to die without anyone to help them. He might even go so far as making some crazy law that any individual who intervenes on the baby's behalf after a botched abortion is subject to criminal charges. I wouldn't put it past him. Barack Obama is SATAN. And if he's not Satan, he's one of his minions.

This is the ONLY reason why I'm voting; and my vote will NOT be going to him.


I feel like if he does get elected, my human nature of caring will cease and my human nature of avoiding things will once again kick in. Maybe I'll start with avoiding any unjust laws he passes.


No comments: