Children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth. Blessed are they whose quivers are full. They will never be shamed contending with foes at the gate. ~Psalm 127:3-5

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Trip To The Salon

Yesterday I indulged myself for a half hour at a salon. I got pink streaks, 2 different hair styles, make-up applied with a paint brush, and enough frizz teased into my hair to launch a small rocket from. I had this all done in exchange for some lip gloss and maybe a hug or two as a tip. If you'd like to visit the salon I went to, it's right on the corner of 5th Year and Make Believe and there are two amazing stylists there named Angelina and Kaylii, each with their own specialty.

2 comments:

Christine said...

This is great; it sounds like you had a lot of fun! I love the word play of "5th Year and Make Believe" as a street corner.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I have a salon just like that here!
It's one of my favorite places to go!
Except when the "stylists" say, "Mommy, we can see you getting lots of gray hairs here".
(Hrrmmmphf)