Children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth. Blessed are they whose quivers are full. They will never be shamed contending with foes at the gate. ~Psalm 127:3-5

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Heaven on Earth



Heaven is in the face of my little boy, the innocent love in his clear blue eyes, the way he says "mommy, I love you in your heart." Heaven is in the face of my oldest child, her songs and laughter filling my heart with joy, her strong will humbling me at times. Heaven is in the face of my third-born babe, her brown eyes lighting with mischievous plans as she races down the hall, the way she hugs me tight when she knows that I am sad. And Heaven is in the face of my baby girl, her dependence on me to sustain her life, the smell of her skin imprinted in my mind. Each child I have, every time I say 'yes' to God, I am that much closer to understanding the beauty of Heaven. Every child is a gift and I am in awe of the glimpses of Heaven I receive each day just looking into their faces, getting lost in the wonder of Heaven on Earth. How can you tell me that I have too many children? Are you just jealous that you don't get to see Heaven as much as I do?

5 comments:

Janine said...

This is so true!! God's last, ultimate creation was people. And then he gave us women the blessing of birthing new life into the world. It's amazing how out of selfishness people have come to look at God's greatest blessing as a burden. Children truly are a blessing from the Lord. I am so grateful that He blessed me with my three sons. He is good. Thank you for not only enjoying your blessings but reminding others to do so as well!

Rebecca said...

Thanks, Janine! And yes, children are a blessing, regardless of the situation or the #.

Christine said...

Great post, as always!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Beautiful children!
Beautiful post!

Rebecca said...

Judy, you have 10, I'm sure you've been met with lots of annoying and rude comments, stares, whispers. To only have 4 right now has already gotten me so much of that. The funny thing is that I get it from people who have 3!! Why is 4 SO MUCH more than 3??
God bless you for raising and homeschooling 10 children!