Children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth. Blessed are they whose quivers are full. They will never be shamed contending with foes at the gate. ~Psalm 127:3-5

Thursday, April 5, 2012

A is for Apples

Yup, that's right. I went with an easy one. And actually, I'm not sure how good I'll be at keeping up with a post a day from A-Z. I'm not even officially in the blog challenge for April as I procrastinated too long at making my decision to join. Typical.

Anyway, my post's theme might be "easy" as in pretty common when you're thinking of a way to finish "A is for..." but as I was thinking about it last night, I realized that if I did A is for Apples, I wouldn't necessarily be copping out, would I? Would I? Why are you just staring blankly at the screen? Oh wait..I didn't finish my thought.. You see, a few weeks ago, we bought 2 apple trees. We planted them, along with a peach tree, in our back yard with the plan that we would be moving sometime in the next year and would be bringing them with us. (Which we better be, because we planted all 3 trees pretty close together!)

These apple trees are more than just a means to save money on fruit and supplying ourselves with tasty treats which we'll make from our apples. We wanted to get a jump on growing them, as it will take about 2 years to see a hefty harvest. If we waited until we move and then planted trees then, it would be longer to have to wait for apples. I have big plans for our fruit orchard we'll have some day. Our apple trees represent so much more than just a theme for my blog post. They represent hope. We have been anxiously waiting for the Lord to move us. We know it's going to happen. How? We just know. There are so many plans that have been put on our hearts (we believe by Him) to grow our business and family on some acreage in a different part of PA. We are desperate for that time to come as we are quickly outgrowing where we are now in both business and family areas.

It has been a long road to get to a place of patience, waiting on the Lord for His perfect timing and plans to come to fruition. I have written about it a lot on this blog. In buying and planting our apple trees, we have turned over a new leaf of hope when it seemed like all hope was lost when we realized we wouldn't be moving this Spring like we had thought we might, and maybe not this year at all. Those trees represent the beginning of a new-found trust and patience in the Lord. Every time I look out my window or venture up to check on them while outside, seeing the new growth, the little buds, the life they represent, I am reminded to have faith, to hope, to be patient and wait on the Lord.

2 comments:

Megan @ Here to Find Him said...

I think this is so beautiful! Putting your trust in Him always yields fruitful rewards (no pun intended).

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment...I was so happy to see it. Blessings to you, your family, and your fruit trees :)

Christine said...

I don't think you went with an easy one! It is great you are trusting the Lord in this. Personally, I hope he moves you closer this way :)