Children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth. Blessed are they whose quivers are full. They will never be shamed contending with foes at the gate. ~Psalm 127:3-5

Thursday, April 19, 2012

K is for Kick

So I don't know why I thought of this but K is a difficult letter so I thought I'd do one of those brain throw-ups and just spew out random thoughts. Hmm..what can I write for K? I thought.. Oh...I know... And my random thought for K came out to be based on the word kick:

When I was younger, our house was bustling with chaos, noise, love and more chaos. WE ALL had some sort of anger problem, too. Every single one of us punched or KICKED a hole in the wall at least once in our time there.

Everyone except for my younger sister, Mary...at least for a very long while.

One day Mary was upset. I don't remember why, probably because I was mean to her. I was a very mean sister back then. And she kicked a hole in the wall in our bedroom. What did we all do? Get upset? Tell her she shouldn't have done that? NO!

We all cheered. It was like she had finally come to that right of passage. She was one of us.

Does anyone else notice that kick rhymes with sick?

No comments: