Children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth. Blessed are they whose quivers are full. They will never be shamed contending with foes at the gate. ~Psalm 127:3-5

Monday, April 8, 2013

The Beauty of Being GENUINE


ME:
I am loud and it's most likely because I feel inept in a social environment.  I am gullible to a fault.  I love fiercely, especially when it's my husband and my children.  I like to sing but not in front of other people (I'm terrible!). I love to write, especially when it's for the purpose of doing a brain dump, or to glorify God.  I have five babies but do not really enjoy being pregnant.  There could be more and though I am seriously afraid of that notion, I'm inwardly ok with it.  I think.
I am goofy and funny but I am not very witty.  
I love dark chocolate.  And salad.  And coffee.
I complain a lot.  I often do not notice the blessings I am given on a daily basis.  I am really mean when I'm seriously angry. 
I'm the type of person that likes to be straight-forward about stuff.  This gets me into trouble.  A lot.
I'm often a very intense person. 

I like to give everything I have if I can.
If I tell you I love you, I mean it.  If I say I'll pray for you, it's true; I will.  If I tell you I'm worried about you, I really am.  If I offer you anything- money, food, advice, a place to stay - it's from my heart.  I WANT to serve you.  But I'm not perfect; I don't always take every opportunity to serve other people; I often let my feelings get in the way of being charitable, or my tiredness or depression to keep me from serving others.
I'm profoundly convicted of the fact that Christ calls me to move past 'self' and to serve others anyway, so I'm working on that.  There are many times my flesh tells me I don't want to do any of that, and to think only of myself, but I can and do get past it and serve despite my not "wanting" to. And I know this pleases Him more than when it's easy for me.
I'm convicted of my beliefs and the truth of Christ and His sacrifice for our sins.  If you don't believe the same, it doesn't mean I don't like you.  If a relationship with you is challenging, I thank God for that challenge as it shows me how I don't want to be, and/or it draws me closer to Him.

I'm misunderstood.  A lot.
I'm learning how to not care about anything other than what God thinks of me, and if I'm pleasing to Him.  


That's my GENUINE.

What's yours?

1 comment:

Elise Fallson said...

Being genuine is important to me as well and reminds me of a post I recently wrote about false praise. Nice post. (: