Children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth. Blessed are they whose quivers are full. They will never be shamed contending with foes at the gate. ~Psalm 127:3-5

Friday, April 5, 2013

The Beauty of ETERNITY

I think about Eternity.  A lot.

I think about how perfect I will be; how I will be able to actually sit at my Father's feet and praise Him, sing to Him in perfect tune, kiss Him endlessly.

Sometimes at night I think about Heaven and how, when I shut my eyes there (if sleep is needed), I will not have to worry about how haggard and worn and sorrowful my soul might feel in the morning.  The groanings of its interior and the emptiness I often feel here on earth will be filled to the brim with beautiful light and unending peace.  Perfected by the fulfilled promised of Christ's blood on the cross.

It's humbling and at the same time, it is still often very difficult to think much past the here and now, on this earth.  I fail so much still and sometimes, His death is not enough.  Sometimes it's forgotten about; shoved to the corner recesses of my mind as life looms and weighs on me.  But we are called to live not for this life but for Heaven, for Eternity.  To keep in mind the simple fact that Christ died so that we might live in Him.

1 comment:

Al Diaz said...

That has to be the most beautiful and inspiring picture I've seen. It is good to have faith on a joyful Eternity, but I think (with all due respect) what you need is to think on your mission here on Earth. My memory is fussy but I think I remember a tale from the Bible where the landlord give a few coins to their servants and he leaves on a journey. Then he comes back and asks his servants what did they do with the coins he gave them to keep. One buried them in the ground and returns exactly what the lord gave him. The other put used those coins to produce more and gave the lord his coins plus interest. The lord was disappointed with the first one and pleased with the second one.
So you see? Find your mission and put those coins (your daily life, your here and now) to produce something to please your Lord.