Children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth. Blessed are they whose quivers are full. They will never be shamed contending with foes at the gate. ~Psalm 127:3-5

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Beauty of PRAISE

Even Especially on my worst days, in my soul, I recognize the need to PRAISE my Father in Heaven for the MANY blessings He bestows upon me and my family.  For the gifts He has given me.  For life itself..  Do I always heed this deep urging to do so?  No.  Sometimes, I'm like a rebellious child throwing a proverbial tantrum at His feet.  Stubborn and angry, my cries are more demanding and accusing than anything else.  And sometimes, when I am not having a rough time, it's just that I am lazy.

But there are times, numbering many lately, where I give in to that pull on bad days and good, and just praise Him!

And oh, the peace that comes over this tired soul when I realize that yes, that is exactly what I needed.  Even when things are okay.  Even when the day is running smoothly and I am not feeling too worn, I can feel it seeping in- the healing balm that comes through praise. It could be a short prayer of thanks while doing laundry, or even a few lines from a song.  But it is what returns me to center, refocuses my soul to what is important, turns my attention outward to the needs of others.

One of my favorite songs from VBS as a little girl went something like this:

Praise Him! Praise Him!  Praise Him in the morning, Praise Him at noon time.  Praise Him! Praise Him!  Praise Him when the sun goes down.

It has other similar verses like Love Him, Serve Him, etc...  But I find this one verse running through my head a lot lately, and it's so comforting.  Especially in those dark moments where praising Him is the last thing I feel like doing.  But it's required.

Praise in the face of uncertainty or difficulty is a very important aspect of FAITH.  Praise at any time is an important aspect of LIFE in Christ.

Have you PRAISED our Lord today?


No comments: