Children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children born in one's youth. Blessed are they whose quivers are full. They will never be shamed contending with foes at the gate. ~Psalm 127:3-5

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Beauty of TREES

Last year, we got three fruit trees and planted them in our back yard.  Two apple (Granny Smith and Honey Crisp) and one peach.

I was so excited when I noticed peaches actually growing, as the guy at the orchard told us nothing would grow on any of them that year.

We ultimately lost the peaches to some sort of fungus early on, but the anticipation of having a sweet juicy peach from my very own tree hasn't worn off since then.  Not one bit. I thought ahead to this year when nature would try again and we might actually get to pluck a big fuzzy peach off our tree in August.

So far, I have been incessantly reminding hubby about spraying the natural stuff on our trees and making sure we take good care of them.  They survived the two Winters beautifully and have grown bigger over this past year.  Hubby put a bunch of really good soil around them and mulched them, too.  There are bright blooms on all three trees and I'm super excited to see what we get this year.

It may be just a start, but these three trees will follow us to our new home (whenever that happens) and will become just a few of many we want to have in our own orchard.  I have big plans for these trees and I am hopeful that those plans will come to fruition!

No comments: